Monday, June 23, 2008

More June Fun


Oh, it's so hard to believe it's nearly July! We have been so busy these past few weeks the time is just flying. I have had to work a day last weekend and a day this past weekend. I asked to split the weekends so we could all spend Fathers Day together but it has made for a very long 3 weeks! We are traveling this upcoming weekend to Charlotte to visit Michelle and John and we are so excited to get out of town and to visit with them.

Wyatt is having lots of fun. We've managed a few weekends at the pool. He is still not extremely excited about the pool. He has fun but I think he'd enjoy it a lot more if a) he knew more about how to swim and b) had some friends to play with! So we're going to work on that!

Conversations w/ a 3 year old: A few mornings ago I was helping Wyatt get ready for school and he said out of the blue, "Mommy, I like you a whole lot". Of course I thought that was so sweet. I told him (like I always do) that he was my favorite Wyatt in the whole world. Then he said, "there is only 1 Wyatt and 1 Mommy and 1 Marsha. I thought it was kind of neat that he mentioned her in our conversation. I have always explained that Mommy's belly was broken and we then talk about how he grew in Marshas belly and how she wanted to pick out the best family for him. So I guess these conversations from the past came back to him and he asked me why my belly was broken. I said, "well, God made Mommy this way". He paused thoughtfully then looked up and said, "Mommy, maybe your belly was broken because you ate too much!" Ok, sentimental moment passed - now I'm laughing out loud. I love conversations with him. It's like a gumball machine, you never know what's going to come out but it's sure to brighten your day!



He is doing really well in school. This week they are learning about the WORLD so he is very excited to school his friends not only on Earth but all of the other planets. It's the perfect subject for him! He's still not sleeping great at school but he is taking more naps than he had been in months past. All of his friends are picking up "girlfriends" and "boyfriends" which is really hysterical to hear them talk about. At one point Wyatt had 2 girlfriends. He said he would make them follow him around but sometimes they wouldn't listen to him. HA. Just the beginning my son. Now he only has 1 since one of them has moved up to the "big girl" classroom.


Tucker is doing really well too. He is turning over and over and over! We've put him in the exersaucer and he really enjoys that. He will not stay on his back but for seconds before spinning over. He wants to crawl so badly it's killing him! He gets very frustrated b/c all he wants to do is GO! He's very social at school and LOVES watching all of the other babies crawling around. He will crane his head to watch ANY baby or little one wherever we are. It's really funny to watch! I think he's just so excited to see someone just like him!


Tucker exhausted after eating his squash :)

We attended the IAC picnic this weekend! It was so wonderful to look around and see all of the families touched by adoption. We weren't able to go last year so this was our first one in two years. I (Wendy) have been talking to many of these AP's (that's adoptive parents to those of you who are not familiar with adoption lingo :)), following the ups and downs of their adoption(s). It's so nice to have other folks who totally understand (b/c they have been there) to garner greater understanding of unique issues that may present themselves while going through the adoption wait, and of course after when you're placed finally with your lovely little one. So we met lots of happy families - I've honestly never seen a happier bunch of folks in my life. I think it's because when it finally does happen it's like your world opens up, the sun shines brighter and life just seems a lot more rich and full. Below are some pics of the fun we had! There was even a magician with the kids LOVED!

One of only 2 family photos we have! Gina from the agency took this! I liked it so much I decided to use it at the top of our blog :)

Tucker getting the best seat at the picnic!

Happy Dan the Magic Man entertaining the kids. He was hilarious!











No comments: